Friday, October 3, 2008

Solstice

Fall has arrived. Can you believe it? Summer flew by, even though I'm still waiting for my summer holiday. Kids were crazy, the cat escaped a couple of times, neighbours were throwing rocks at the squirrels (bad neighbours!), the house almost flooded due to copper thieves, and I think I found one or two more grey hairs.

As for the business, it's been good. I have attracted more retailers like Rubi & Kino (Gastown), Narcissist (Main St.) and nextdoorstyle.com. I finished my Sundays at Portobello West Market in Vancouver and had great success there. The jewelery was seen at a John Casablancas fashion show and was reviewed by String online magazine. Good stuff!


It's a tonne of work, all of this networking, and I find that I do more online work than actually creating the pieces I'm to be selling - it's kind of silly! But, if I don't keep up with Facebook, blogging, emails and networking events, I start falling out of the loop and we can't have that now can we! The branding of the jewelery is intense and when one is doing it by themselves, its even more involved. Hopefully I'm making the right decisions!


So, on to Autumn and it's adventures. It's time to watch the leaves fall, get out my mittens (I do so love mittens!) and start crocheting - not necessarily in that order, though (can you crochet in mittens?) Fall fashion is fun and comforting and I have been enjoying creating jewelery to compliment the browns, greys, winter whites and subdued blues and reds of the season. With Christmas on the way, I will be working with flashier crystal colours to mark the party season - oh boy! Keep your eyes on the website and the Facebook Group for new photos of the designs up for grabs over the next few months.


"Golden Gate" from the Limited Collection is a beautiful cultured pearl necklace that glitters with champagne Cubic Zirconias, perfect for that pretty cardigan or vintage blouse.




No comments: