Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Madge and Me!



Okay, so we got up early on Saturday, May 24th and waited for the tickets to go on sale at 10am...

This is an event that I just knew we couldn't miss - my assistant Janis, my 7 year old daughter Elayna and I just have to go! - so I wrote the date in my planner, put an alarm and notification beep on my new fancy cell phone and had a "countdown" application on my Facebook page to remind me. Seriously, when are we EVER going to have another chance to see Madonna??

We readied the stations: three PC's and walkie talkies to communicate. We were cued in line for 5 tickets and the anticipation of getting through Ticketmaster.ca was palpable! The cat was frightened and the husband couldn't take all of the "nonsense." He wasn't going, apparently.

Some people think that the show might be a bit much for Layni (being 7 and all) but I say to hell with that! By the time she's able to choose concerts for herself, Madonna will be too old to Vogue and her pointy bras will most certainly be traded in for full support. This is Elayna's chance of a lifetime to experience this Icon that influenced so many moments of her Mom's life. Mommy (that's me) has been loving Madonna since she was 8.

The momentous moment came and we became part of the Lucky Star's to get a bank of tickets together!! Apparently, only 20 minutes after the tickets went on sale, there were only "singles" left; after 30 minutes there were pairs of floor tickets on Craig's List for a grand! 60,000 tickets sold out for the show at BC Place Stadium for her very first performance in good 'ol Vancouver.

Husband almost fainted when he asked how much I charged to the Visa; Husband assured me that, for that much money, he will most certainly be coming along and it better be good.

The concert is in October, right in the thick of the new Fall '08 designs. I think I might choose these (sneak peek for you there!) to compliment my corset and fishnets - and my whip. Holiday! Celebrate!

http://www.joliemack.com

No comments: