Monday, March 3, 2008

Party at your house.


To a large degree, I am very shy and I always have been. All my life, I have been labeled snobby and aloof when really, people and public events can scare the beads right out of me. And now, I find myself staring into the frightening abyss of a jewelery sales strategy that you people will likely find fun - the Home P-p-p-party (sounds so scary, doesn't it?)!!


Most women love to be the center of attention but I would rather blend into the wall. However, when one has giant hair (like me) it's a bit hard to squish up real tight against the wall paper, so forced to chat with others and stay relevant in conversations, I inwardly wring my hands together and nervously twitch my eye...what if I spit when I talk? What happens if I stutter? Am I actually interesting? Crap! I forgot her name. There is something in my teeth, I know it! How entertaining do I have to be? Will these ladies like my designs?... This party endeavour will not only be a sales challenge but even more so, a personal challenge. So Women! unbeknownst to you, as you are confidently shopping, having a glass of Chablis and enjoying the little shindig that you or a girlfriend has thrown, I will be gaining courage, confidence and peeing my pants, all thanks to your participation. Somebody pour me a drink!

Using fashion and jewelery as my saving grace, I find that adding a sparkling necklace or elegant earrings will always boost my confidence. High boots will do the trick, making me 5'11 (intimidation is key ;)) as will a pair of good fitting jeans and a bit of cleavage. Once the ensemble is put together and deodorant is applied, I can usually get through a bit of lively banter unscathed and even more so after some gin.

Appropriately named, "Riveting" from my Limited Collection, are light capturing Vintage Swarovski Crystal and Sterling Silver ear threads which could be there at one of these personal parties. I am certain that, if a lady is a shy as me at times, donning these earrings will add the confidence she'll need to be not only the centre but the life of the party.

If you are local, within British Columbia's Lower mainland, and would like more information on how to plan a Private Gallery, please email me and let's brainstorm some ideas!




1 comment:

Family Of Five said...

I love your honesty! I can relate to many of the feelings you have when placed in a big group. I love how you shared openly. I think you are one very talented lady.... if you could only see yourself the way other's see you!